Saturday, May 5, 2012

Handicapping the Horses

The first Saturday in May. The horses go to the post at Churchill Downs this afternoon. For those of you who care, it looks as though Baffert may have another winner on his hands. So I am told. I rather favor a horse named "Hansen" and not because I know a thing about the horse, the trainer, the rider, or horse-racing in general, for that matter.

I choose Hansen because I once knew a girl whose surname was Hansen with an "e" and the last time (and only time) I wagered on a horse it was called "Wendy" and I once knew a girl named Wendy. Won, too.

Then, too, I am partial to greys.  Maybe I oughta...

2 comments:

Vee said...

Go for it!

vanilla said...

Vee, or maybe not. "He who bets not at all wins much more than he who wagers frequently." --Me