Sunday, May 24, 2009

To Know Me is to Love Me

Pastor Keith based this mornings sermon on Psalm 139, a psalm of David. To preface the message, Pastor asked us, "What's not to love?" Reflect on your life. Imagine that it is a movie. First, how would you categorize it: as drama, a documentary, a comedy, or perhaps a fantasy? Then ask, if I could edit it what parts would I leave on the cutting room floor, or even burn?
There is One who knows all about you, yet He loves you and wants a relationship with you.

1. You were created by God (vv. 13 - 15).
You are unique. God made billions of wonderful creations. You are one of them. God has a plan for you. (Jer. 29:11)
2. You are known by God (vv. 1 - 4). God searches your life; knows every detail of your life.
3. You are loved by God (vv. 5 - 12).
a) "You precede and follow me; you place your hand of blessing on my head." (v. 5)
b) "Your right hand will hold me fast." (v. 10)
c) By His presence. He is always there. (vv. 7,8)
There are many ways of showing love, but almost all of them include presence.
4. You are responsible to God (vv. 19 - 22). We are to love whatever God loves, hate what God hates. God hates evil. [note that He loves people, but He hates evil and wickedness.]
"Search me, test me, know my concerns, lead me in the way everlasting."

No comments: