Sunday, March 29, 2009

Fifth Sunday in Lent


These are the scripture readings for the lesson this Sunday. Complete citations given with partial text included here. Grab your Bible.

Jeremiah 31:31 - 34 (excerpt, v. 31): After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Hebrews 5 :7 - 9 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared; Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him.

John 12:20 - 33 (excerpt, vv.23 - 26): And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal. If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

Psalm 51 (excerpt, v. 10): Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

No comments: