Friday, February 6, 2009

Ninth Wedding Anniversary


Nine years ago on this day, I stood at the altar and watched as my beautiful bride-to-be came down the aisle on the arm of her eldest son. We looked longingly and lovingly into each other's eyes as the preacher said, "Blah, blah, blah, blah... blah" Then, "David do you blah blah blah blah? and I said "I do." Same deal for JoAnn and I heard "I do."
We have each had the privilege of the other's loving companionship for these nine years. We laughingly hope for a twenty-fifth anniversary someday, fully cognizant of the fact that we should have started this liaison a long time ago if we really expected that to materialize. But that was not even a dream or desire long ago, for we had each had the joy of a loving marriage to another until death did its parting thing.
We are truly grateful to each other and live in praise and thanksgiving to God who gave us the joy of finding our love together.
Happy Anniversary, JoAnn. Thank you.
Love, David
[Please note that this is not a wedding picture, but rather one of JoAnn on a birthday six years after the wedding. I don't have wedding pics stored on this drive.]

No comments: