Monday, September 5, 2016

Just for Laughs.

Would you believe we actually have one of these?
https://cdn.pastemagazine.com/www/blogs/lists/2013/02/02/butter-spreader.jpg
It cannot do anything that a slice of bread cannot do better.  Then you eat the bread, no fuss no waste. With this thing you have a messy piece of plastic to clean.

The mind of man knows virtually no limits.  If it cannot think of something good, something useful, it will come up with something like this.

Oh, yes we have the little pick thingies to poke into the ends of the cobs.  We do.

9 comments:

Grace said...

I always thought those were nifty along with the mini-corn thingies to put on the cob ends - Never owned them but still - age and the ability to digest corn, along with dietary restrictions, means corn on the cob is off our menu but I remember it fondly.

vanilla said...

Grace, I guess I think of them as gadgets. A certain member of the household will fill it and place it on the table.

Secondary Roads said...

I prefer using the slice of bread as yet another man's dreams of wealth and fame melt away.

Jono said...

What some people will spend money on.

kc bob said...

Not sure when I stopped buttering my corn. Seems like it has been years.

vanilla said...

Chuck, likewise.

Jono, seems there is a market for almost anything someone dreams up.

KC Bob, I still slather on the butter, but I stopped using the salt cellar.

Lin said...

It's a Butter Buddy! I don't think we have one, but I think we did...or somebody had one. They are actually nice to have...I think...

Vee said...

I like sweet corn. Dad had us use bread which I always threw away. We have friends who pass a stick of butter around the table and each person rolls their ear of corn on it. Works!

vanilla said...

Lin, my Beloved likes it, too.

Vee, what a waste of good bread; yet I suppose this at least in part accounts for your maintaining a trim figure.