Monday, January 11, 2016

Color Me Puzzled

MNWR headquarters is occupied by militants, a situation about which I know only what I read on social media, i.e., opinions and flame-throwing from left, right, and heaven knows where, and from the mainstream newspapers and tv outlets, which is pretty much the same thing in a more sophisticated format.

All that to say that with what knowledge I have gained about the West from my years of living and reading, a good bit of that time in the West I know enough about the situation to disseminate obfuscating and obscuring smoke and virtually no light.  Which is another way of saying I know about as much about it as any other random person you might encounter, or read or listen to on the airwaves.

Yes, I could give a sketchy rundown of the history and throw around names such as Malheur, Roosevelt, Bundy, Hammill, Harney, numerous politicians and even some alphabet salad: FBI, BLM, NWR, there's your proof of that.  But I reiterate: I could shed no light.

But.  But an article I read in the Oregonian stated that the occupiers were using BLM computers and had access to the information thereon.

 I doubt I am much smarter than the average bear, but one question.  Okay, compound question:  Where is the power switch to the compound and why has someone not flipped it to the "OFF" position?

If you have followed this episode in the various media and if you are a thoughtful person, you may have observed that there is a number  of words that appear in virtually every article you read that have not been used here.

3 comments:

Grace said...

Oh good one! I haven't read anything about this situation because, quite frankly, I don't care. They do that sort of thing in the movies - cut power. But probably if they do that someone will sue because their civil rights are being violated or some such thing.

Vee said...

They are probably using the sun to charge their equipment. Hikers and campers now use solar chargers.

vanilla said...

Grace, I never thought of that. Yes, I suppose in this time and place it is possible that cutting the power would be a violation of the lawbreakers' civil rights.

Vee, I never thought of that, either; but would it not require a tremendous amount of equipment to generate sufficient power to operate that facility? How would they carry that and their guns, too?