Sunday, March 1, 2015

Woe

"The devil is trying to kill me."  BBBH looks the picture of health, given her age and all, but she is not exempt from physical woes.  She bears them stoically for the most part, but she made this statement yesterday.

My response was, "The devil cannot do that.  He may indeed create many woes for mankind, and for us individually, but he can't kill us."

"Why would you think that?"

"The Book of Job. The Lord allowed Satan to mess with Job but forbade him to take his life."

"That was Job,:" she said.

"That was a righteous person who was known of God who knew that Job was faithful.  He extends the same grace and protection to you.  Job's story is not just a story.  There is a message in it."

"Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him.  He also shall be my salvation: for an hypocrite shall not come before him."  --Job 13:15,16  KJV

7 comments:

Vee said...

How things feel and how they are - poles apart.

vanilla said...

Vee, we are in the fourth generation since the "feel good" sixties, and everything is still going downhill.

kc bob said...

Times like those causes me to remember the One who has the keys to death.

Lin said...

Then the devil must have created colds---not enough to kill ya, but more than enough to make you wish you'd die.

vanilla said...

KC Bob, we would be well advised to know Who's who.

Lin, in all seriousness, I think you're probably right.

Sharkbytes said...

Well, I think he tries, but he cannot succeed until our numbered days (set by God) are up.

vanilla said...

Shark, agreed; I believe he makes the (futile) effort.