Monday, October 7, 2013

Experiment on STSTT

I am planning an endeavor that I have engaged in very little on STSTT.  Each Thursday I hope to post a short short story, purely fictional.  If you have been around here a bit, you know that much of the blog is devoted to my own experiences, or those of  family members and others of close acquaintance.  So fiction, while not completely absent, has been used sparingly, even the series "Little Jo" and "Loonville Vignettes," while presented in short short story format are, indeed, true stories.  So check out the new adventure.  The first in the series was posted last Thursday (October 3, 2013), and the second will be available this coming Thursday.

I have the advantage of the writer of historical fiction, for she is subject to the strictures of fact, no matter how creative she may be.  And thus it is that she must immerse herself in research, lest she be caught in the commission of an anachronism.  I, on the other hand, write freely from a realm wholly created in my imagination, a realm in which an anachronism may not exist, for that world is timeless!

Disclaimer:  Though there may be names and settings that seem to be recognizable, be assured that these are works of fiction, and any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely intentional, for if you have not known anyone resembling any of these characters, you have lived neither long nor fully.  Geographical discrepancies from physical reality is the sole responsibility of the writer.  If you dislike the world in which these characters live, you may feel free to create your own.

7 comments:

Shelly said...

I look forward to this!

Vee said...

Waiting to see what's floating around in your imagination.

Grace said...

Oh this is going to be fun - I've never been able to write fiction - I have no imagination!

Sharkbytes said...

Ha ha! I like it already, being an obsessive up-front disclaimer person myself.

vanilla said...

Shelly, I hope it does not disappoint.

Vee, being a sort of literal kind of guy, I, too, am waiting to see what is in there.

Grace, I hope it will be fun!

Sharkey, but you are an experienced writer of fiction. I don't hope to match you, but I do hope to have fun.

Lin said...

Hold on...let me get my popcorn ready.....

vanilla said...

Lin, waiting for you.