Friday, April 19, 2013

Traffic Tickets and Water


Looking south from our driveway.  The black mailbox is ours.  Jefferson Street is flooded from the west edge of town to within a block of the courthouse.  That is five blocks north of Cicero Creek.  I made the mistake of going to town.  I made it there and back, but water washed over the hood of the car when those semis went by.  Well, I had to mail my speeding fine so the gendarmerie from Texas would not come after me.  (I must have a "Kick Me" sign on the back of the RV.  Every time I drive through East Texas on the way home...)  And I didn't do it, either.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

9 comments:

Secondary Roads said...

They're just looking for something by which to remember their guests. In your case a check will do just "fine."

Wet like that here too. I'm just glad our house is up on this hill.

The Cranky said...

Oh goodness, stay safe! (And possibly avoid East Texas in future?)

vanilla said...

Chuck, "fine," indeed.

Jacquelineand, there are other routes available!

Vee said...

Sorry about the flooding (and I believe your story about the ticket).

vanilla said...

Vee, water is down quite a bit Saturday morning. Heide and Dick will be out of their house for some time.

Thank you for recognizing the truth about the ticket.

Shelly said...

The flooding- wow! Now if Noah goes floating by in an ark...

Lin said...

Oh, that's a nice way to welcome visitors to your "fine" state. :( You would think they would give you a mulligan--unless, of course, they have you on file. ;)

vanilla said...

Lin, no mulligans.

vanilla said...

Shelly, no arks; water receded.