Monday, February 6, 2012

A Dozen Years in Paradise




Twelve years ago today I met BBBH at the altar where we said our marriage vows. We were united in matrimony, and nothing has been the same since.

I am sure I repeat myself, but I’m not going to search the archives to verify that. A man (that would be me) looks at a woman and thinks, “That’s exactly what I want!” A woman (BBBH in this case) looks at a man and thinks, “He has potential.” Then she changes, and he doesn’t.

That’s a joke, of course. The truth is that both parties change, and neither party becomes perfect. But love is more patience than it is dewy-eyed wonder, and at our age, we should have known that whether we did or not.

Stopping, I hope before I dig in so deep I can’t get out, I can only say, We still love each other after twelve years of both patience and awe. I love you, JoAnn!

6 comments:

Jim said...

Many hearty congratulations to you both!

Lin said...

Awww, what a great love story!! Happy Anniversary to you both. :) You two make such a cute couple!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary...!

Vee said...

Happy Anniversary, David & JoAnn! May you have many more wonderful years together.

Sharkbytes said...

Glad it's not shock and awe! I think you two look great together! Happy day.

vanilla said...

Shelly, thanks. Today was a good beginning for the thirteenth year!

Jim, appreciate it. Sticking is sometimes hard, but worth it.

Lin, thank you; though I'm sure I'm too big to be cute. But BBBH qualifies!

Grace, thank you.

Vee, appreciate the wish. We should be so fortunate.

Shark, yes, we hope to stay with "awe." "Shock" sounds, well, shocking.