Sunday, April 1, 2018

Magdalen, Evangelist


Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.  Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that he had spoken these things unto her.  --John 20:17,18 (AKJV)

He is risen!  The Good News was vouchsafed to Mary Magdalene and Jesus at once commissioned her as the first Christian evangelist.

Easter, the celebration of Christ overcoming death and the grave, is the best day of the year!

Have you accepted the gift Christ gives?

Happy Easter!


7 comments:

Vee said...

A woman was commissioned "go and tell" in that day and age - radical.

vanilla said...

Vee, amazing, perhaps. But more amazing to me is the number of biblical "scholars" who seem not to get it.

Sharkbytes said...

Those who say Christianity puts women down have not understood the cultures in which the women of the Bible did amazing things. I think the 1940s and 50s messed it up a bit. I had a pastor tell me that Galatians 3:26-28 "there is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus." does not mean that women are equal. Interesting. If the huge distinction of Jew and Gentile is cancelled, it seems God could probably overlook body shape. :/

Secondary Roads said...

Some folks get cultural and spiritual values confused. I've seen that in people that should know better.

vanilla said...

Sharkey, I think some people have been so indoctrinated into complementarianism that they can't see the scriptures for the preconceptions. Of course their predispositon to superiority maybe creeps in there somewhere, too. imho

Chuck, our spiritual values should shape the culture, but sadly mankind has allowed the culture to form the values.

Sharkbytes said...

You are two rare men, Vanilla and Chuck. Glad you are my friends.

vanilla said...

Sharkey, I treasure counting you among my friends!