Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Conversations with Random People --24

Tuesday morning, The Commons at the nursing home.  I am sitting near the back of the crowd assembled.  We are singing hymns and choruses of the Christian faith.  Some are singing, some more lustily than others.

Traffic pattern from the hallway to my right runs immediately behind me to the kitchen.
A very pleasant appearing young lady, mid-20s, employee, turns from the hallway and steps toward me.  Stops, places a hand on each of my shoulders, leans over, looks me in the face and asks, "Has anyone ever told you that you look like Sam Elliott?"

Smiling, I replied, "Indeed.  Many times."

She smiled, traipsed on about her business. I, smiling, have just encountered a day-brightener.

(Usually when told this I reply that Sam looks like me, for I am much the older.)

10 comments:

Lin said...

Oh, the flirt!! Hahaha!

Well, that was a nice compliment for Sam! :)

I was thinking of you and your Random Conversations posts--I did a LOT of random conversations while we were in Palm Springs. But, we were traveling and hiking and seeing all sorts of people from all over, so I guess it wasn't weird.

vanilla said...

Lin, now you've made me blush. Visiting with strangers while traveling is definitely on my to-do list. Scenery is wonderful but connections with people are priceless.

Grace said...

You sound like him too *sigh*

vanilla said...

Grace, the voice is the curse, or blessing of the West.

Sharkbytes said...

I dunno. I don't like random strangers assuming they can touch me in semi-intimate ways.

Vee said...

True that - but also the older version of you, Salvador Dali. God must have said, "I got that right," so He keeps repeating the miracle.

Secondary Roads said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Secondary Roads said...

{GRIN}

vanilla said...

Vee, yes, I did get the Dali thing, too.

Chuck, oh, you have taken a vow of silence. But good to know you are still making the rounds.

vanilla said...

Sharkey, just a friendly gesture, no feeling of having my space invaded.