I reassembled, and glued and clamped, thereby making a table top, two leaves and a four-legged framework to hold the thing up. Next I borrowed son Kent's power sander and went to work removing varnish and leveling the flat surfaces. Edges and legs were stripped by hand with glop.
Then we did the hand sanding, 150 grit, 240 grit, and if you have ever done this sort of thing you understand why nearly three weeks have passed since project's inception. The top photo shows the assembled table, two leaves and the serving tray ready for staining.
The pieces have been stained.
While we were at it, we stained the library table which we stripped perhaps eight years ago. It has been sitting naked behind the sofa all this time. I liked it. BBBH wanted it stained. It is stained.
These items are now awaiting final finish. We are waiting for a low-humidity day before proceeding. How long we will wait is anyone's guess.
Beautiful has had her grandmother's tea table for years. She mentioned its existence and its need for restoration many years ago. I finally got a round tuit.