Monday, June 19, 2017

The Old Man and the Old Cars


Two of the boys, Kent and Ricky, picked me up Saturday morning and took me to a car show in celebration of Fathers' Day.  The show was the 30th Annual John Dillinger Legendary Bank Robbery Run in Daleville, Indiana, a bucolic thirty-minute drive from the house.

Whatever the show had to do with John Dillinger I failed to see, but it was a great car show!  Tons, literally, of entries ranging from '27 T-buckets to Cadillac road arks of the Fifties and Sixties and MoPar muscle cars of the Seventies.

To my surprise one of Kent's favorites (he's big on MoPar muscle cars) was a '63 Rambler 440.  He also was amazed at the Willys vehicles which he said he had never seen.  Ricky was enthralled with the Cadillacs.

After I was worn out and had seen about all the old iron I could process in one session, Kent treated us to a steak dinner, then home.

Great day!

4 comments:

Jim Grey said...

I love a good car show! Maybe my sons will take me to one next Father's Day.

vanilla said...

Jim, it is a great way to spend time with the boys. Something for everyone!

kc bob said...

Old cars and aged steaks!! Now that is what I call Father's Day! ツ

Sound like it was a great one!

vanilla said...

Bob, indeed; a near-perfect day!