Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Who Am I?

 

And he said unto me, Son of man, stand upon thy feet, and I will speak unto thee.

And the spirit entered into me when he spake unto me, and set me upon my feet, that I heard him that spake unto me.  --Ezekiel 2:1-2, 6th century BC

Stand up, and the Spirit will help you stand.  

No Man is an Island

No man is an Iland, intire of itselfe; every man

is a peece of the Continent, a part of the maine;

if a Clod bee washed away by the Sea, Europe

is the lesse, as well as if a Promontorie were, as

well as if a Manor of thy friends or of thine

owne were; any mans death diminishes me,

because I am involved in Mankinde;

And therefore never send to know for whom

the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. --John Donne, 1624

Every man is a part of everyman.  No one does it on his own.

6 comments:

vanilla said...

Grace, yes; yes, it is. Stand and be blessed today. Ours is rain today, but that's okay. Water makes stuff grow!

Secondary Roads said...

And to Ezekiel's contemporary, The Lord spoke,"Thus saith the Lord the maker thereof, the Lord that formed it, to establish it; the Lord is his name; Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.

vanilla said...

Chuck, BBBH quoted those verses quite often.

Secondary Roads said...

It is also a foundational verse for what was the World Radio Missionary Fellowship, with which we served for 3 years at HCJB in Quito, Ecuador.

vanilla said...

Chuck, Blogger needs a "like" button.

Secondary Roads said...

More than a few times, I found myself looking for one.