Friday, October 16, 2020

Plagiarism?

 You can't scare me. I'm eighty-six years old, wore out, can't sleep at night, can't stay awake in the daytime, can't taste my food, can't hear the music, teeth gone, money gone, wife gone, whatta ya gonna do to me to make things worse? 

 

Approaches plagiarism, you say?  Maybe.  It is cobbled together from some lines I heard in an old Western movie from half-century ago and a verse in 2 Samuel 19:35, adding a sprinkling of my own experiences. 


 Solomon said, "There is no new thing under the sun." And Willa Cather wrote, “There are only two or three human stories, and they go on repeating themselves as fiercely as if they had never happened before.”

2 comments:

Grace said...

And that's true. Humans are rather predictable. And prone to making the same mistakes time after time...

vanilla said...

Grace, humankind does seem to have a proclivity for reinventing the wheel over and over and over and. . . Also other stuff.