Thursday, August 9, 2018

Mid America Show 44

It's tractor time!  The Mid America Threshing and Antique show starts today here in Perfect.  I trekked out to the showgrounds on my bicycle and made the rounds.

Last year's featured brand was Allis-Chalmers and the year before that it was Oliver.  This year the feature is "Lesser Known Brands."  I am starting this tour by featuring a nice old Huber manufactured in Marion, Ohio.


Those solid rubber tires are bolted to the rims.

I've a feeling the operator is in for a rough ride.


 Need to saw some logs?  See that power take-ff there just
behind the transmission?  Four cylinders at your service!

9 comments:

Grace said...

Oh my favorites! I know I say this every time - how much I like farm equipment - but gosh they are just gorgeous - big and bright.

vanilla said...

Grace, lovely Machinery indeed. More tomorrow.

Vee said...

Saw lots of tractors on the morning the equipment company in the little farming community where I taught middle school hosted their annual pancake breakfast. Teachers were invited, though I'm sure they knew we would never be buyers. The owner of the equipment company was on the school board, so he was aware that we did not have that kind of dough.

vanilla said...

Vee, nice of them though to let you eat pancakes with them.

Lin said...

What a fun outing! Nice to chat with everyone about their machines, no doubt.

vanilla said...

Lin, I always have a good time!

Secondary Roads said...

That would have been some serious power on that Huber PTO. We have an elderly gentleman in this community who has a steam tractor and portable saw mill that runs off the PTO with the wide belt. It is fun to watch them turn logs into lumber.

vanilla said...

Chuck, guy brings a steam tractor to this show and puts on a log slicing demonstration. Make lots of sawdust. 4 foot blade scary.

Sharkbytes said...

More like a portable machine shop than a tractor!