Monday, August 8, 2011

Greta Visits Us


This wooly-bear is Greta. She arrived at our house Sunday afternoon for a week-long visit. The bad news is that generally speaking, Cookie does not like other dogs. The good news is that Greta is one of only two dogs that he does like.

Cookie, as you know, is quite old. Greta is a rather elderly dog herself. She has a decade of years behind her. I have a soft spot for her, because she reminds me of the goldens I used to harbor. Greta's mother was a purebred Black Labrador
Retriever, and her sire was a Golden Retriever. It is easy to see which one she most resembles!

Greta's people, son Kent and grandson Alex are on their way to Washington, D.C. Alex, twelve, is at the perfect age for his first trip to the nation's capital. He is old enough to appreciate the rudiments of what he sees there, yet young enough that his dad will be able to tolerate his company and teach him a thing or two!

We are looking forward to a week of fur-balls. for if my memory serves me correctly, and it does, such beasties tend to leave a trail of doggy fur wherever they go! The only thing we have to be careful about is seeing that she does not sneak out the front door as we enter and egress, for she is an explorer. She would be sure to be seven blocks away before we could recover our senses enough to realize she had split. Can't have that.



4 comments:

Lin said...

Ohhh, how fun!! We have Sammy the Weiner Dog coming at the end of the week and I can't wait!! Maybe we can swap dog-sitting stories. :)

Vee said...

Have fun with your house guest!

Secondary Roads said...

Enjoy your house guest. I'm sure you will.

vanilla said...

Lin, I have already made a useful discovery- she snores, so I am not goint to trip over her when I get up in the middle of the night!

Vee, oh, yes, it'll be fun! (hairballs, hairballs)

Chuck, she is a really good dog, so things will go smoothly, I'm sure.